Intro to Econ: A Summer Project

Though few visitors post comments to this blog, I do receive the occasional email question. Often, these questions involve definitions and concepts that should be included in a basic economics survey course. I'm uncertain how many high schools or colleges require economics, and a single-semester Econ 101 might be so compressed that it only creates more confusion and misunderstandings.

This summer, I'm hoping to begin an irregular series of posts, "Intro to Econ." It has also been suggested that I create a page that lists some of the common terms used on this and other economics-related blogs. That seems like a reasonable suggestion. Yes, there are introductory texts and lexicons, but I like the idea of a witty guide to the jargon of economists, businesspeople, and politicians.

I have a long list of blog topics, some dating back several years. The Intro to Econ would be yet another batch of posts to write. At least I'm never short of ideas.

The posts should begin by June. If you have ideas or suggestions, let me know. I'll add them to the list of topics.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 90% Tax Rate Myth

Call it 'Too Depressed to Blog'

Seattle’s Minimum Wage Hike May Have Gone Too Far | FiveThirtyEight